Watermelon Cucumber Salad
Try this exactly as described. The mint with the cucumbers and the watermelon with the red pepper flakes that took me by surprise. Really, this is awesome…You and your guests will be HOOKED on this wonderful summer side dish!
• 1/4 cup rice vinegar
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 2 tbsp fresh mint (very important)
• 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (very important)
• 2 cups seedless watermelon
• 2 cups cucumber, seeded (cut out the middle section) & thinly sliced into half moons
• 1/2 cup chopped red onion
• Whisk the first four ingredients together until sugar dissolves.
• Add the rest of the ingredients, toss and coat.
• Serve CHILLED!